Wednesday, May 7, 2014


Future Anxiety
I wish I could tell my children of the good
That the world of hate is a mirror and behind it is love
That there is no evil
That all bad can be made good
That this life is yours
And yours it will always be
You do not need to please anyone
It is your ballet
It is your last game
The buzzer beater
The leap of faith
What else must the world want
But, this life is greedy
And it expects us all to put on our capes and surprise the world
But you do not need a cape
You do not need anyone, anything
Make it what YOU want
Do not please the cynical expectations of past generations
There will be bad people
There will be dark days
The world is not good
But you can change it
Be the last shot fired
But never the first
You may get knocked down
But what wills you to get back up
Be the light in the darkness
But never the darkness in the light
I wish I could tell my children
Remember the feeling of love so that you may appreciate hate
Remember the days when your heart aches so that you might appreciate the strength
See strength is power
But society is not strong
It is weak
Succumbing to the slightest pressure
Do not be like society
It is poisonous
It will soil the soul of the best
It will kill the equality of people
I will tell them
Open your mind and close your eyes
You will hear a whole new world

1 comment: